Due to increased demand from development and COVID 19, water restrictions begin on May 1st with enforcement beginning on May 11th. The restrictions apply to all water customers of the City of Wolfforth.
The restriction is a time sensitive restriction and is the mandatory stage of our drought contingency plan.
If conservation measures are not practiced, the city will be forced to move to Stage 4 water restrictions, where no landscape irrigation will be allowed.
Please note: there will be enforcement actions taken during stage 3, including daily fines.
SUNDAY- Hose end
Begin Saturday after 8 pm
End no later than 10 am Sunday
Begin Sunday after 8 pm
End no later than 10 am Monday
Begin Monday after 8 pm
End no later than 10 am Tuesday
WEDNESDAY – Hose end
Begin Tuesday after 8 pm
End no later than 10 am Wednesday
THURSDAY – Even addresses
Begin Wednesday after 8 pm
End no later than 10 am Thursday
FRIDAY – Odd addresses
Begin Thursday after 8 pm
End no later than 10 am Friday
SATURDAY – Hose end
Begin Friday after 8 pm
End no later than 10 am Saturday
The following uses of water are defined as nonessential and are prohibited:
- Use of water to wash down any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas;
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
- Use of water for dust control.
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Using water to wash vehicles, boats, or similar equipment or to add water to swimming pools, spas, or the like is prohibited unless done between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on the evening preceding the designated watering day and 10:00 a.m. on the morning of the designated watering day.
Conserving water is always a good idea and everyone is encouraged to use water efficiently. Please do your part in helping our community ensure that we have water for everyone.
Check the Special Message section of your monthly water bill for the latest information about our water restrictions or when it is necessary to move to a new stage of the drought contingency plan.
If you have any questions regarding the watering schedule or the drought contingency plan, please call City Engineer Jared Wesley at 806-855-4124 or Wolfforth City Hall at 806-855-4120.
Thank you for your cooperation!