News and Announcements
Click here for new regulations on sprinkler systems
During Daylight Savings Time (from the first Sunday in April to the fourth Sunday in October), landscape irrigation by any manner utilizing water, in whole or in part, obtained from the city water system, is prohibited except during the times between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. This subparagraph (a) of this section shall not apply to the following irrigation activities:
(a) Subsurface or soaker hose type irrigation systems;
(b) Irrigation using hoses that are manually attended at all times of operation;
(c) Short term operation of an automatic irrigation system solely for the purposes of testing the proper operation of said system; or
(d) Irrigation of newly installed landscape material by an automatic irrigation system or irrigation device for a period no longer than three (3) weeks after the landscape material has been installed.
Sec 13.05.070 Offense
(1) Any person, landowner, building owner or occupant who shall violate any of the provisions of this Division or who shall fail to comply with any of the provisions of this section commits an offense.
(2) A person commits an offense if he operates an automatic sprinkler system or irrigation device in violation of any provision of this Division. For the purposes of this Division, an irrigation device is defined as any manually operated or automated sprinkler, sprinkler head, hose, faucet or any other device capable of irrigating, in whole or in part, landscapes or lawns.
Part 2. Penalty
Any violation of any provision of this ordinance shall be deemed a misdemeanor punishable as provided by Section 1.01.009 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Wolfforth, Texas.
Up to $500 fine for each offense.
PATTERSON PARK PAVILION AVAILABLE
The new pavilion in Patterson Park is available for rent for a variety of functions. See the policy below:
PATTERSON PARK PAVILION
Patterson Park Pavilion is available to the public, during regular park operating hours. The park closes at midnight and the event must be over, cleaning and loading completed, and attendees out of the park by midnight. In addition, the pavilion is subject to the following regulations:
1. Reservations must be made through Wolfforth City Hall, during regular business hours. Business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call 806-855-4120 to arrange a reservation. Reservations are not confirmed until the payment is received and the reservation form and accompanying documents (if necessary) are complete and submitted.
2. Reservation fees:
Utility service with the City of Wolfforth is proof of residence.
3. If alcohol is served at the event, you must have an approved permit from the City of Wolfforth and pay an additional $25.00 for a beverage permit. Copy of approved permit and additional fee must be submitted with the reservation form.
4. RESTROOM FACILITIES ARE UNAVAILABLE. Concert events require the user to provide portable toilets. Documentation from portable toilet vendor must be submitted with reservation form.
5. Concert events require the user to arrange dumpster service through the City of Wolfforth. Dumpster charge is $50.00. Fee must be submitted with the reservation form.
6. Concert events and events serving alcohol require professional security, which must be cleared through the Wolfforth Police Department. Approval documentation must be submitted with the reservation form.
7. No vehicles allowed on park grounds, except for loading and unloading.
8. No parking in the Community Building parking lot, unless you also have the Community Building reserved. Parking is available in the large lots surrounding the baseball complex, and on the unpaved area south of the Community Building.
9. Nothing may be physically attached to the pavilion structure. No signs, banners, etc.
10. No barbecue grills, stoves, or pots used for cooking are allowed on the slab.
11. Users must properly dispose of all trash and leave the pavilion in good condition.
12. Music performed/played at the Pavilion, whether recorded or live, requires a music license. Pavilion users and/or event promoters are required to obtain a license from American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP), Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), and/or SESAC. A copy of the license must be included with the Pavilion Reservation Form. Links for licensing information and forms:
13. Reservations may be cancelled only by the person who signed the reservation form. Refunds are granted on the following schedule, and take 10-15 days to process:
No show, cancellation or reschedule on the day of the event– no refund of any fees collected by the City
Weather issues – refund of all fees collected by the City with one exception: If a dumpster has already been delivered, dumpster charges still apply. All fees may be transferred to an alternate reservation date, with the exception of charges for a dumpster already delivered.
Reschedule with 48 hours notice – all fees transfer to new reservation date
Cancellation with 48 hours notice – 100% refund of all fees collected by the City
14. The City of Wolfforth reserves the right to refuse any and all requests for reservations, and to revise regulations as individual situations warrant.
Congratulations to the Wolfforth Volunteer Fire Department and the City of Wolfforth in achieving the substantially improved insurance rating for Wolfforth area citizens!