Building Permits & Inspections
The Building Permit Department is located in Wolfforth City Hall at 302 Main Street. City Hall is currently open to walk in traffic. For any questions, please call (806)855-4120 or email email@example.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION Regarding Building Permits & Inspections:
The City of Wolfforth is currently accepting the following forms of payment:
- Credit Card and Debit Card payments can be made online on the City’s website:
The permit number is required when making the payment online.
If you do not have the permit number, please call (806)855-4120 M-F 8-5 for assistance
- Presently, Credit Card and Debit Cards payments can be made over the phone by calling 806-855-4120
- We accept payment by check, money order or credit card at Wolfforth City Hall located at 302 Main Street, Wolfforth, Texas 79382 or mailed to City of Wolfforth Building Permits, P.O. Box 36, Wolfforth, Texas 79382. Please be sure to include the Permit Number or Permit Address on your payment.
- Building Inspections must be called in to (806)855-4120. Inspections received by 5pm will be scheduled for the next business day. Please do not leave a voicemail to schedule an inspection.
- If anyone on your job site has reported or displayed any flu, cold or virus symptoms, do not call in an inspection. The City of Wolfforth is following SafeBuilt’s safety protocol and, if the Building Inspector is on site and any personnel appear to be symptomatic of flu, cold or virus, he has been instructed to leave the job site without completing the inspection. This may result in the issuance of a RED TAG until he can go back out and safely perform the inspections.
- RED TAG fee is $70.00 and must be paid before another inspection will be scheduled.
Building Codes – EFFECTIVE 4/1/2019
Effective 4/1/2019, construction in the City of Wolfforth will be regulated by the following as amended by Ordinance No. 523:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 Fire Code
- Ordinance No. 523
- Ordinance No. 446 (Private Water Wells)
The City requires construction permits on new construction and on additions or remodels, and follows the 2012 International Building Code. Builders are responsible for permits, and building plans must be submitted and reviewed before any permit will be issued. Effective May 1, 2018, submittals for both commercial and residential new construction require one paper set of construction plans, plus one PDF file, the energy report, and the stormwater management plan application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. For complete applications, please allow 3 business days for processing.
Permits are issued for 180 days. Although all work does not have to be completed, the project must show progress. Failure to begin construction within 180 days will cancel the permit.
Please be aware that some neighborhoods require proof of architectural review approval before a construction permit may be issued. Check with the developer, or contact 806-855-4120 for the list of neighborhoods.
Inspections are performed Monday-Friday, and will be completed the next business day after the inspection is called in. We do not offer same-day inspections. The Building Inspector is not available on weekends. Inspection requirements and information may be obtained at City Hall or from the Building Inspectors. Call 806-855-4120 for information or to request an inspection.
For all permits fees, please see the City of Wolfforth Master Fee Schedule
Order of Required Inspections
Order of Required Inspections
- Plumbing rough
- Return air (if applicable)
- Sewer and service lines (water and gas)
Numbers 1-4 must be complete before slab inspection
- Plumbing top out
- Heating and air ducts, mechanical vent ducts
- Electrical rough
Numbers 5-9 must be complete before framing inspection
- Electrical underground service (if applicable)
- Electrical final
- Plumbing final
- Heating and air conditioning final
Numbers 10-16 must be complete before final building inspection
- Final building inspection (before building is occupied) – Insulation scuttle hole card should be in place.
ELECTRICAL SUBCONTRACTOR should request electrical inspections.
PLUMBING SUBCONTRACTOR should request plumbing inspections.
MECHANICAL SUBCONTRACTOR should request mechanical inspections.
GENERAL CONTRACTOR should request structural inspections.