A MESSAGE FROM THE
CITY OF WOLFFORTH UTILITY DEPARTMENT
In order to assist customers who may have fallen behind over the past few months, City of Wolfforth Utilities Department is offering several areas of assistance that should be utilized by customers in need. As we transition back to normal operations, it is important that customers have options when it comes to getting their account current. For further information, please visit the City of Wolfforth at https://wolfforthtx.us/departments/utility-assistance-program/
As the City of Wolfforth Utility department, located within City Hall, has limited public access, the following methods of payment and communication are available to all customers:
- Checks and money orders may be placed in the drop-box located outside the main door at City Hall located at 302 Main Street, Wolfforth, Texas 79382. Or mailed to City of Wolfforth, P.O. Box 36, Wolfforth, Texas 79382
- Cash payments at the cashier window at City Hall
- Credit Card or Debit Card payments are accepted online at https://payments.wolfforthtx.us/stw_php/stwub/ubtipact.php
OR we are now accepting credit card or debit card payments over the phone.
For new customer applications, please complete the utility application located here:
- Commercial Utility Account Application
- Residential Utility Account Application
- Payment Bank Draft Application
All completed utility forms, applications, questions or payment arrangement requests may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reminder, our office has limited public access; please call 806-855-4120 for assistance.
Residential and Commercial Accounts
The City of Wolfforth provides water, sewer, and garbage service. The following companies provide additional utility services to Wolfforth residents:
|XCell Energy (electricity)||1-800-895-4999|
|Atmos Energy (gas)||1-800-621-1867|
|Windstream Communications (phone, cable, internet)||1-877-520-5220|
|SuddenLink (phone,cable, internet)||806-793-2222|
|Classic Cable (cable)||1-800-999-8876|
|NTS (phone, cable, internet)||1-866-771-0687|
|South Plains Electric Co-Op (electricity – limited area)||806-775-7766|
Requirements to Open a City of Wolfforth Account
Deposit: $100.00 (must be paid when account is opened)
- You must provide an adequate mailing address, which may require obtaining a Post Office Box, as some areas do not have street delivery.
- You must provide a Social Security number or current Texas Driver’s License number.
- Contact the Utility Service Department at 806-855-4120 for additional information, or come by City Hall at 302 Main Street to open your account.
Water meters are read beginning the 25th of each month. The billing period covers from the 25th of one month to the 25th of the next month. The utility billing is mailed on the last working day of the month and payment is due by the 10th of the month. Final payment day for each month is the 20th.
- Example: Meter is read on September 25. The billing period is from August 25 to September 25, the bill is mailed on September 30, and payment is due on October 10.
Accounts paid after the 10th of the month incur a 10% penalty charge.
Courtesy second notices are no longer mailed. Accounts paid after the 20th of the month incur an additional $20.00 service charge and are subject to disconnect for non-payment.
Water consumption is calculated in 1,000’s of gallons. In an effort to promote water conservation, the City has a tiered rate system, with customers paying an increased rate per thousand gallons for increased consumption. The following lists the City water rates:
2018-19 Water Rates
|Base (0 to 3,000 gallons monthly)||$46.00|
|3,001 to 15,000 gallons monthly||Base, plus $3.10 per 1,000 gallons over 3,000 gal.|
|15,001 to 50,000 gallons monthly||rates above, plus $3.85 per 1,000 gallons over 15,000 gal.|
|over 50,001 gallons monthly||rates above, plus $4.10 per 1,000 gallons over 50,000 gal.|
Each customer is also charged a monthly $5.29 EDR fee.
2018-19 Sewer Rates
|Residential||$20.00 per month|
|Commercial||$16.50 per month, plus $0.51 per thousand gallons of consumed water|
2018-19 Garbage Rates
|Residential (collected 2X weekly)||$18.50 per month, plus sales tax|
|Commercial 3 Yard (collected 2X weekly)||$ 74.00 per dumpster, plus sales tax|
|Commercial 3 Yard (collected 3X weekly)||$ 96.20 per dumpster, plus sales tax|
|Commercial 8 Yard Front Load ( collected 2X weekly)||$244.74 per dumpster, plus sales tax|
|Commercial 8 Yard Front Load (collected 3X weekly)|
$370.70 per dumpster, plus sales tax
Commercial 8 Yard Recycle Container available for $153.91 per dumpster.
Single-user commercial accounts may arrange for a locking dumpster for a one-time charge of $225.00. Contact City Hall at 806-855-4120 to arrange that service.
- Mail payment to P.O. Box 36, Wolfforth, TX 79382
- Deposit payment in Payment Drop box located outside the main entrance to City Hall
- Monthly bank drafts are available. Contact 806-855-4120 to arrange a bank draft.
- Pay in person at City Hall, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Payments for utility deposits or monthly bills may be paid by credit/debit card in person at Wolfforth City Hall, or online. All transaction and processing fees charged by the credit/debit card companies are passed on to the card user. The additional charge is approximately 3% of your payment amount, and you will have the opportunity to know the total, and to accept or decline the charges, before the transaction is completed.
Residential garbage service is provided with your City utility account. Each dumpster is shared by four homes and collection days are Monday and Friday. Please securely bag and tie all garbage and keep dumpster lids closed to control insects and rodents.
Commercial garbage service is priced by the number of dumpsters and the number of weekly pick-ups.
Contact City Hall at 806-855-4120 to report damaged dumpsters, dumpsters that were not emptied on pickup days, or for commercial service and fee information.
For additional information, call 806-855-4120 or e-mail City of Wolfforth Utility Services.
By April 1st, 2020, every home will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. When you respond to the census, you’ll tell the Census Bureau where you live as of April 1, 2020. Visit the 2020 Census website for more info.