Residential and Commercial Accounts
The City of Wolfforth provides water, sewer, and garbage service. The following companies provide additional utility services to Wolfforth residents:
|XCel Energy (electricity)||1-800-895-4999|
|Atmos Energy (gas)||1-800-621-1867|
|Windstream Communications (phone, cable, internet)||1-877-520-5220|
|Optimum (phone,cable, internet)||866-347-4784|
|Classic Cable (cable)||1-800-999-8876|
|Vexus (phone, cable, internet)||1-800-658-2150|
|South Plains Electric Co-Op (electricity – limited area)||806-775-7766|
Requirements to Open a City of Wolfforth Account
Deposit: $150.00 (must be paid when account is opened) effective 10/1/2022
- You must provide an adequate mailing address, which may require obtaining a Post Office Box, as some areas do not have street delivery.
- You must provide a Social Security number or current Texas Driver’s License number.
- Applications for new service must be received during normal business hours. Once an application for service is received, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not receive an email, please contact the Utility Services Department at 806-855-4120 during normal business hours or come by City Hall at 302 Main Street to open your account and ensure water services are connected at the premises.
Water meters are read beginning the 25th of each month. The billing period covers from the 25th of one month to the 25th of the next month. Utility bills are mailed on the last working day of the month and payment is due by the 15th of the month.
- Example: Meter is read on September 25. The billing period is from August 25 to September 25, the bill is mailed on September 30, and payment is due on October 15.
Accounts paid after the 15th of the month incur a 10% penalty charge.
If payment is not received by the 25th of the month, the account will be billed a $20 disconnect fee and the account will be subject to disconnect for non-payment.
Water consumption is calculated in 1,000’s of gallons. In an effort to promote water conservation, the City has a tiered rate system, with customers paying an increased rate per thousand gallons for increased consumption.
The following lists the City water rates:
|Base (0 to 3,000 gallons monthly)||$58.00|
|3,001 to 15,000 gallons monthly||Base, plus $3.10 per 1,000 gallons|
|15,001 to 30,000 gallons monthly||rates above, plus $4.19 per 1,000 gallons|
|30,001 to 50,000 gallons monthly||rates above, plus $5.65 per 1,000 gallons|
|over 50,001 gallons monthly||rates above, plus $7.63 per 1,000 gallons|
Each customer is also charged a monthly $7.29 EDR fee.
|Residential||$32.00 per month|
|Commercial||$28.50 per month, plus $0.51 per thousand gallons of consumed water|
Garbage Rates (effective May 1, 2023)
|Residential (collected 2X weekly), steel container||$19.43 per month, plus sales tax|
|Residential (collected 1X weekly), 1 poly cart||$30.58 per month, plus sales tax|
|Residential (collected 1X weekly), 2 poly carts||$42.81 per month, plus sales tax|
|Commercial 1.5 yard (collected 2X weekly)||$38.83|
|Commercial 3 yard (collected 2X weekly)||$78.44|
|Commercial 3 yard (collected 3X weekly)||$100.94|
|Commercial 6 yard (collected 3X weekly)||$295.36|
|Commercial 8 yard (collected 1X weekly)||$130.97|
|Commercial 8 yard (collected 2X weekly)||$261.96|
|Commercial 8 yard (collected 3X weekly)||$389.03|
|Recycle Container 8 yard (collected 2X weekly)||$161.53|
|Recycle Container 8 yard (collected 3X weekly)||$242.27|
- Make a one-time payment online on the Payment Portal
- Set up a recurring payment on the online Payment Portal
- Mail payment to P.O. Box 36, Wolfforth, TX 79382
- Deposit payment in Payment Drop box located outside the main entrance to City Hall
- Pay in person at City Hall, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Residential garbage service is provided with your City utility account. Please securely bag and tie all garbage and keep dumpster lids closed to control insects and rodents.
Commercial garbage service is priced by the number of dumpsters and the number of weekly pick-ups.
Contact City Hall at 806-855-4120 to report damaged dumpsters, dumpsters that were not emptied on pickup days, or for commercial service and fee information.
Wolfforth Neighborhood Pickup Days:
Frenship Estates – Tuesday and Friday
Preston Manor – Tuesday and Friday
Preston Estates – Tuesday and Friday
Preston Trails – Tuesday and Friday
Preston Hollow – Tuesday and Friday
Bennett Circle – Monday and Thursday
American Park – Monday and Thursday
Frenship Heights – Monday and Thursday
Old Wolfforth – Monday and Thursday
Frenship Mesa – Monday and Thursday
Frenship ISD Service Days:
Frenship High School – Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Casey Administration Building – Monday and Friday
Frenship Middle School – Monday and Friday
Tiger Stadium – Monday and Friday
Ninth Grade Center and Tennis Courts – Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
The City of Wolfforth remains in Stage 3 of our Drought Contingency Plan, which prohibits all irrigation using an automatic irrigation system. Your cooperation and assistance have resulted in a reduced water demand, helping to conserve our most valuable natural resource. Thank you. We continue to ask for your cooperation and compliance. To view the Drought Contingency Ordinance, please click here.
For additional information, call 806-855-4120 or e-mail City of Wolfforth Utility Servi