Deferred Disposition is a method of having your citation dismissed after full payment of the fine, court costs, and satisfactory completion of certain terms and conditions within a probationary period. During this probationary period, no additional citations can be received by the defendant. All requirements imposed in the deferral agreement must be satisfied and proof of completion submitted timely to the City of Wolfforth Municipal Court.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
If the defendant does not complete the terms of the deferred disposition, additional fines may be imposed, and a conviction reported on his/her driving record.
- You must enter a plea of guilty or no contest to the charge and waiver of a jury trial.
- You must request “Deferred Disposition” on or before your appearance date.
- You must have not had a deferral in Wolfforth within one year preceding the offense date on your current citation.
- You must pay the full amount of the citation.
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR DEFERRED IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
- You have a Commercial Driver’s License.
- You are charged with a traffic offense committed in a construction zone when workers are present.